How can you know if Starke COGBF is right for you? You’ll find no better place to start searching than our eight Core Values, which shapes everything we do.
We Believe That….
1. Lost people matter to God, and therefore matter to the church. (Luke 5:27-32, Luke 15, Matthew 18:10-14)
2. The church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. (I Corinthians 9:19-23)
3. Every Christian must pursue holiness and continually take steps toward intimacy with Christ. (Ephesians 4:25-32, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 1:6)
4. The church should offer opportunities for all people to serve and participate according to their relationship with Christ, their Spiritual Gift, and their level of commitment”. (1 Cor. 12:14-22, 27)
5. Ministry is best accomplished in teams. (I Corinthians 13, Nehemiah 3, Luke 10:1, John 13:34-35)
6. Clear biblical teaching is the catalyst for life transformation, and that ongoing life-change happens best in small groups. (Luke 6:12-13, Acts 2:44-47)
7. Excellence honors God and inspires people. (Colossians 3:17, Malachi 1:6-14, Proverbs 27:17)
8. Giving is an act of worship and is a tangible expression of our love for God. We recognize the biblical model for giving is at least 10% of all of our increase to honor Him. (Prov.3:9-10, Lev. 27:30, Malachi 3:8-12)